Apr 23, 2012

The usual Monday blues.

Psalm 16:8


"I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken"

Have you ever had that feeling that you'll have a very busy week because of the degree of work you've done on a Monday afternoon? Well, I do. Being in the IT industry, you never really can tell whether you'll have an easy going week or not. Not unless you start your Monday fully loaded with tasks (paperwork, meetings, etc.). But regardless of the type of work you do, and when worst comes to worst, what do you do?

Most people rely on their ability to multitask or to handle things at a very organized way based on priority and urgency. Some practice the way of delegation, though this is more common for higher level positions on a company. And unfortunately for some, the term "come what may" seems enough.

Let's face it, managing tasks can be a bit overwhelming. In fact, it's a common problem for the most of us. For me, before the work day starts or when things get a little out of hand and I can't seem to find the right way to do stuff, I just take a moment, bow down, and close my eyes to pray. Prayers. Simple right? But this is the most underestimated way of handling the pressures of work in the corporate world.

As said in the first part of Psalm 16:8, we must always put the Lord before us. This applies to everything and anything. Whether be it a meeting at work, exam at school, or even caring for our kids at home. We should always ask God to guide us in everything we do. We do not do this so God can give us a favor to do things for us. But it's more on the fact that we glorify Him by acknowledging that we can't do anything without Him. We are helpless without God.

When we raise our concerns and weaknesses to God, He hears them. He gives us the strength to brace ourselves so we would not be easily shaken by earthly struggles. Work included. He will give us the wisdom and knowledge to work things out. He will provide comfort when our minds and bodies reaches it's limit. God is more than willing to help us when we ask Him personally.

So before you do anything at the start of the day, spend time with God. Ask for His help. Give thanks for the opportunity of glorifying Him. God hears. God listens. All we have to do is ask.

Reflect on this: Have you ever thought of praying before facing the day at work? If not, why not call to God? Have you ever had the feeling that God helped you all through out the day because tasks seemed to be so easy to accomplish?

Prayers: My Lord, thank you for the strength that you always provide for me. Today, I am reminded that I cannot do things alone. That I can't do a thing without you guiding me. Oh God, with your grace and mercy, I know I would not be easily shaken. For you are my rock.

Dear Lord, always remind me that in everything we do in our lives, we should always put you first. Because as what you did for us, though we have sinned again and again, you have set us first before anything else. Not allowing us to pay the penalty of sin by sacrificing your Son, Jesus Christ. Showing your true mercy and grace in the process.

Lord, thank you. For in you and you alone, we will always find strength. Praise be to you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment