May 13, 2012

Who's your Mommy?

Proverbs 31:10


"A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies."

It's my first time celebrating Mother's day at CCBC. And I can say that what I've seen today was very heart-warming. Before starting the service, a video clip was played about on how our mother's day to day activities are being unnoticed and taken for granted. Also, there was a part of the service where all the moms where given tokens to show appreciation for their unconditional love and ever-challenging task of taking care of their family. But what I really did appreciate today was the focus of the sermon. It's about the Godly Mother as described in Proverbs 31:10-31. 

Being in CCBC for quite some time, I've met a few Godly mothers myself. You just kind of feel it when you're around them. It's in the way they move and speak. You can feel that God's love is flowing from them because they put God as their priority. And I know, through them, God blesses their family. 

Though my mom is an unbeliever, I know she did her best to raise us siblings. She never neglected her responsibilities. And I am truly in debt to her because she stepped up to the plate where the mom of my kids should be. Though she may not that be too "showy" with her emotions, her actions alone show that she loves us. And I do pray that someday, God will work His way in her so that she might accept Jesus as her Saviour just like what I did. 

As said in Proverbs 31:10, a wife of noble character is worth far more than rubies. They are priceless. They are precious. This is true to all moms out there. They are really irreplaceable. Mothers are God given gifts to us children. Whether your mom is a Christian or an unbeliever, this does not change the fact that they love you and they desire the best for you and your family. I believe that most, if not all mothers, regardless of their faith, want the best for their children. They’re willing to sacrifice time and strength so they could provide love and guidance to their family. I am not saying that Christian mothers are greater or superior than other moms, but if you do have a Godly mother, then God bless you. For you have been given a very precious gift by God. And you should forever be thankful to God for this. Thank God for all of our moms!

Reflect on this: Have you been blessed by God by having a Godly mother? How does God help you appreciate your mother more?

Prayer: Dear Father in heaven, thank you for the gift of mothers. Thank you for providing us a person here on this earth to take care of us. Truly, as said in Proverbs 31:10, they are indeed priceless. 

Lord, I ask for forgiveness for the times that I take for granted all the things that my Mom does for me. Let me always be reminded that life on this earth is short, so I should always show her love and appreciation. Indeed, Lord, mothers are your gifts to us children.

I pray for all the mothers, Lord, for your blessing. Continuously bless them wisdom and compassion so they could fulfill their roles as our earthly guardians. May they always find your guidance so they could lead their families closer to You. May they find strength in you when they feel weak. Provide them with patience when they are faced with difficulties. Thank you, God, for all the Godly mothers in our life. For those mothers who do not yet the know the promise of your Son, Jesus Christ, work in them. So they could be blessed by your grace.  All praise be to you. Amen!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kuya Jayson! Will be praying for your mother po. :D God bless. :)

    ReplyDelete